Please read, important for your successful participation!
Public means of transport
We request that, while in Vienna, you dispense with your car and only make use of public transport (Wiener Linien).
How to get to the issuing of bibs and to the “Festwiese” (festival site) at Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz, as well as to the start:
- With the metro line U2 to the STADION stop, then walk approx. 200 m across Olympiaplatz directly to the event area.
- With the tram line 1 to the terminus “Prater Hauptallee,” then walk approx. 1 km to the event area.
- With the number 77A bus to the stop Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz
- Routes to the start:
- Please take not that it will NOT be possible to cross the finishing area at Olympiaplatz on Su., 27 May.
- Access to the starting blocks: PLEASE NOTE – for organizational reasons, access to the starting blocks will take place from both sides but alternatingly, e.g. in running direction A – from the left, B – from the right, C – from the left, D – from the right, … (see also the site plan)
Please only use automobiles when no other form of transport is possible!
Due to the large number of visitors, the resulting high volume of traffic and the large barriers, we advise against travelling directly by car! Our tip: park near a subway station and use public transport for the last part.
PLEASE NOTE: For organizational reasons, both Meiereistraße and Stadionallee will be closed to traffic between Vorgartenstraße and Lusthausstraße on 26 and 27 May 2018.
PLEASE NOTE – All illegally parked vehicles will be towed away at the owner’s expense by the relevant authorities!
Parking ban: 27 May 2018: Lusthausstraße, Rustenschacherallee, Rotundenallee, parts of Stadionallee, in the vicinity of the Lusthaus
Changing data on an existing registration
Changes of names and data are only possible up until 30-04-2018! No starting places can be transferred to other women and girls after this date.
Please remember that your personal start number is your unique identification document during the race. The passing on to third parties without simultaneous change of data is not permitted and can in an emergency have serious consequences, raise questions of liability, and shall in any event lead to disqualification.
Distribution of starting bags and T-shirts
How do I obtain my starting documents on 26 and 27 May?
1. With your confirmation of registration (sent by e-mail on 16 May) about the handing out of starting numbers (bibs) (in the large white tent at Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz, 1020 Vienna) – Here you will receive your starting documents as well as the time-measuring chip, should you not be in possession of one.
You will receive your starting number envelope with your starting number (bib) in the large white starting number distribution tent on presentation of your confirmation of registration. Here you can also get your loan chip and the pre-ordered clothes safekeeping bag.
2. To collect your starting bag with presents from our sponsors and partners simply turn left after exiting the tent and go behind the bib distribution tent.
3. You will receive your ASICS Women’s Run T-shirt on the festival grounds opposite the stage.
Please take note: Already take your starting number out of its envelope to show when collecting your T-shirt. This helps to reduce the waiting time. Thank you!
The T-shirt will be handed out in the race number distribution tent on Sunday, 27 May 2018.
Please consider exactly which size you need to choose. Beware: for hygienic reasons it is not possible to try on and exchange the T-shirts!
- The starting number must be worn on the chest, be clearly visible and may not be changed.
- Please do not remain stationary in the finishing area and wait for other runners but rather leave the finishing area as quickly as possible!
- The registration for the ASICS Austrian Women’s Run is binding under all circumstances. Refunding of the entry fee is solely possible if a cancellation insurance policy, which is offered during the registration procedure, has been taken out and only in accordance with the insurance conditions mentioned therein.
- Entry fees will not be refunded in the event of non-participation.
- The organizer assumes no liability for damage to persons (especially for injuries) and property.
Handing in of clothes
Handing in of clothes at the Ernst Happel Stadium Sector F
Open from 7.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m!
All participants have the opportunity of leaving their official clothes bag at the Ernst Happel Stadium (Sector F) during the run.
Please remember to have all the necessary equipment ready for the run. For organizational reasons it is only possible to pick up your clothes after the run.
The clothes bag must be collected after the run by 1.30 p.m. at the latest! Uncollected bags will be stored by the organizer until 22 June, 2018.
Please do not hand in valuables together with the clothes bags! The organizer assumes no liability in case of damage or loss.
Information for participants from the federal states and abroad: Please leave all luggage (bags, suitcases, backpacks, etc.) in your hotel. These CANNOT be deposited with the organizer.This is how you can hand in your clothes bag: Your clothing delivery strip is on the lower part of your start number. Please cut it off carefully and hand it in with your bag. Go to one of the 12 clothing drop-off points marked A-L. Your clothing delivery strip will be attached to your clothes delivery bag. The consecutive numbering of your clothing distribution point (e.g. D-45) will be affixed to the clothing distribution strip and your start number. Collecting the clothes bag: The collection takes place with your start number at the same clothing drop-off point where you handed in your clothes drop-off bag. You will find the letter of your clothing drop-off point on the sticker you received on your start number (e.g. D-45; this means your clothing drop-off point is at letter D). The clothing delivery closes punctually at 1.30 pm!
Handing out of starting numbers (bibs)
The collection of the starting documents including the time-measuring chip, the starting bags with many presents, as well as the ASICS Women’s Run T-shirts takes place exclusively on the weekend of the ASICS Austrian Women’s Run:
Saturday, 26 May: 09.30 am to 7 pm
Sunday, 27 May: 07.30 am to 08.30 am
Women’s Run Village at Pierre-de-Coubertin-Platz in 1020 Vienna – ideally reachable with the U2 metro line, stop “Stadion.” The village is located next to Ernst Happel Stadium.
You have a cold and are not sure if you will be able to start on the day of the run? Or you are in pain and are not certain if you should run at all? Then please make use of the Medical Center in the course of the Women’s Run EXPO – our free of charge, last minute place to go for acute medical problems. The teams of experts led by Dr. Robert Fritz of the “SPORTordination” consists of sports physicians, sports scientists, sport traumatologists, orthopedists, internists, general physicians and physiotherapists who are making their expertise available free of charge.
Results and certificates
The link to the results can be found on our website after the run. Go directly into the list of results and click on the certificate symbol next to your name – you will then be able to print your personal certificate.
Due to the block start, no exact placing can be ascertained at the time of running to the finish. This can only be found on the website after the event has ended.
In the Nordic Walking competition there is no age group ranking, those who finish will be listed alphabetically by name and time.
Running time by SMS
If you wish, your running time will be sent free of charge to your mobile phone by SMS directly after you have reached the finish!
How does this work? You will receive a code together with your confirmation of registration (sent by e-mail on 16 May) with which you can “attach” a mobile phone number to your bib (starting) number. This can be done until 8 am on 27 May 2018 at www.oesterreichischer-frauenlauf.at.
Timekeeping will be carried out by Pentek Timing by means of ChampionChip and GreenChip/PentekChip. The net time will be measured. This means that your personal timekeeping only begins once you have crossed the starting line and not with the starting gong. You must run with a computer chip in the shoe lacing for the timekeeping to be effective.
NOTE: Without a chip there can be no timekeeping and thus no team score!
The results will be made available as soon as possible on the day of the event on www.oesterreichischer-frauenlauf.at.
Chips registered in other names may not be used. Only champion chips and the loaned chips (GreenChips /PentekChips) can be read by the timekeeping system. All other chips cannot be processed.
If you did not indicate that you have your own ChampionChip when registering online, you will find your registered rental chip enclosed in the envelope with your bib.
These are to be returned in the target area where the loaned chips must be inserted into the marked return boxes.
During the 5k competition, interim time measurements will be taken at each km. During the 10k race, one interim time measurement will be taken at km 5.